- Monday - rest day (what an easy start!)
- Tuesday - 3 miles (not too bad)
- Wednesday - 3 miles (my lower back went out... trip to the chiropractor and back in action)
- Thursday - 3 miles (getting used to it)
- Friday - rest day (yay!)
- Saturday - 6.9 miles (first run with CARA was supposed to be 6 miles but our awesome 12-minute pace group rocked it to 6.9 miles)
- Sunday - cross training (I hope shopping counts because that's all I could muster today)
My first week of running was pretty uneventful. I switched from running after work to setting my alarm for 5 a.m. and running before work. It's nice to get it over with and eat and refuel all day! I run along the lakefront downtown and enjoy jogging past the harbor. As I'm chugging along I wish I was on one of those boats but the view from land is pretty awesome. One morning I was running and noticed the ducks were still sleeping. Wow. I am not a morning person so I've already impressed myself this week. :-) I will have to work on that cross training day - shopping probably isn't what the training group has in mind. Hey, I was on my feet for a few hours and lifted several packages. :-)
My sister Jenny signed up for the Chicago Marathon too and she also completed a successful first week of training.
Great first week; so far smooth sailing.