I can't believe I ran 9 miles on Saturday. Unreal. I still can't believe it. And, the best part is dick-shorts no more! I ran the entire 9 miles wearing a skirt. That's right - a freaking skirt. Technically it's a skort - it has the shorts built in with a mini-skirt for the second layer. It's heaven if I've ever felt it. I had gone back to my favorite running store on Friday to continue the quest for the perfect running shorts. I had heard of the running skirt from my sister Jenny but didn't believe it would be a) flattering or b) comfortable to run in. I decided to try one on for the heck of it - I think I shocked the hell out of the Toothpick when she got me the fitting room. I know she was thinking - I can't believe she's going with the skirt. I knew as soon as I tried it on - pure heaven. And it made my ass look great - stomach flat... couldn't ask for anything more! Sure enough Saturday I had a great run and no wardrobe issues whatsoever.
A recap of Week 4:
- Monday - rest day (thank god - my inner thighs can begin to heal from all the chafing)
- Tuesday - 3 miles (bloody hell I hate Tuesdays)
- Wednesday - 4 miles (did you notice the mileage went up on Wednesday??)
- Thursday - 3 miles (Bailey's humping has gone to a whole new level - it's really quite disturbing)
- Friday - rest day and a holiday!!! Whoo-hoo!
- Saturday - 9 miles (stylin' and profilin')
- Sunday - cross train (bike and shopping)
I can't wait for my shipment directly from the manufacturer - it will be running skirts every day! Have a great week everyone!